Sunday 13 January 2013

What Redux

Some more oddities for your perusal.

Fun Fun - Happy Station


Despite what you'd think from the name of the song, this video contains dead people. Lots of dead people. And a bowler-hatted man who apparently can make them dance. The band is Italian, and write some marvellous lyrics:

"Station, happy station
Very special people you can meet at the station
Station, happy station (oh, happy station)
Glad and smiling faces come from different places
My suitcase and me we'll take a trip
It's a magic journey, I feel like burning
Lucky guy, follow me, you'll be alright
I'm crazy, don't you know"

Yes, I do know!

Now for a song that you've probably heard before (maybe from the movie Full Metal Jacket, or Family Guy). I think it belongs here:

The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird


A mashup of two songs by another band, The Rivingtons, "The Bird's the Word" and "Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow". Together (covered by some white guys) they become something... truly... special. "Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow" was also covered by the Beach Boys and featured on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie soundtrack. Heyyy.

Here's a song called Rubber Biscuit:

The Chips - Rubber Biscuit

And the name is the least strange thing about it. This one was covered by the Blues Brothers.

This next song has no words at all, only an enigmatic title:

Whistling Jack Smith - I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman


Ah, apparently it was either originally titled "Too much birdseed" or was a German army song with these lyrics. Either of those. I still dare somebody to come up with lyrics that match the English title.

And finally, a wailin' tune:

Billy Davis and the Legends - Spunky Onions


Spunky onions, boy. Spunky onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment