Tuesday 7 August 2012

Merrie England

This post is dedicated to a few middle-aged Englishmen who should never have had musical careers, in honour of the Scottish Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, especially Brother Bimbo, who encouraged me to continue posting by (verbally) chastising me outside a pub. It's nice to know someone believes in what I'm doing... sigh... I think half of these were brought to my attention by Sir Vile Ann, aka Neil. This is not much of a surprise. There is no actual singing involved.

First on the list: John Inman, star of "Are You Being Served" as the camp Mr. Humpfries, with his (as far as I know) only song, "I'm Free." But are any of us really free? One thing's for sure, I wouldn't pay for this song. http://youtu.be/To48HBVk4wA (sadly unembeddable, unlike... cough.)

Oh no, he did another song! What luck!


Next, it's Peter Wyngard, who was actually French when I looked him up. Sneaky. He also played a well-known lady's man on television despite being gay. I will only link marginally to his racist song about rape (seriously, it's about rape. And he does imitations of various Asian peoples. You don't want to hear it.) This is a song about skinheads beating up a hippie:



And last, but not least, Reginald Bosanquet with "Dance With Me."



Bosanquet was a newsreader for ITV. When he retired, Not The Nine O'Clock News did a song in his honor:



And with that, I'm going to stop writing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment